Effective GDPR Compliance Begins with Professional Training
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force in May 2018. One of the requirements of the GDPR is the appointment of knowledgeable data protection officers (DPO’s). The job of a DPO includes monitoring compliance, managing internal data protection activities, training data processing staff, conducting internal audits and more. There is a lot to learn but there is also a lot of opportunity for privacy professionals who are certified!
‘Become a GDPR Data Privacy Professional’ will map your route in preparation towards achieving the knowledge you need to take the Certified Information Privacy Professional Europe (CIPP/E) exam by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), the leading global privacy body. The CIPP/E exam* can be taken at hundreds of test centres worldwide, including many throughout the UK.
Achieving a CIPP/E credential shows that you have the comprehensive GDPR knowledge, perspective and understanding to ensure compliance and data protection success in Europe.
Why you should become certified with the CIPP/E
- The CIPP is the global industry standard for professionals entering and working in the field of privacy
- Achieving a CIPP/E credential demonstrates understanding of a principles-based framework and knowledge base in information privacy within the European context, including critical topics like the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and GDPR (including Mandatory DPO’s)
- You will be recognised as part of an elite group of knowledgeable, capable and dedicated privacy and data protection practitioners
- Holding a CIPP/E designation elevates your leadership profile among your colleagues
- The CIPP/E is a key benchmark among top employers for hiring and promoting privacy professionals
What you will learn
- Introduction to European Data Protection
- European Regulatory Institutions
- Legislative Framework
- Compliance with European Data Protection Law and Regulation
- International Data Transfers
How you will benefit
- An intensive five-day course
- Training materials and copies of the legislation
- Mock CIPP/E exam
- Certificate of Attendance
Case Study: Day 5
- A case study using what has been learned to implement the GDPR for a client organisation using;
- Gap Analysis for GDPR using Data Inventory
- Data Inventory and Gap Analysis report for GDPR
- Create implementation plan from audit and gap analysis
- Provide implementation plan, ensuring the implementation style is suited to the organisation
- Identify and define required policies and procedures for GDPR implementation
- Advise what policies and procedures are required to comply with requirements and offer guidance/assistance
- Create a manual using BS10012 PIMS framework
- Integration with BS 9001
- Deliver Personal Information System in compliance with BS10012 including GDPR (and related policies and procedures) in the form of a PIMS manual
Become a GDPR Data Privacy Professional
‘Become a GDPR Data Privacy Professional’ will enable you to understand the new GDPR and start implementing it in your organisation. The GDPR will replace the Data Protection Act in May 2018 and will affect every organisation that processes personal data. This course is aimed at people who have no prior knowledge of data protection law.
Current dates now available for training in Scotland
Following successful completion of this program a Privacy Auditors Certified Lead (GDPR) implementer can mentor you on your first project.
* To book and pay for the CIPP/E exam click here. Delegates should buy the exam from the IAPP and then book the exam click here. Note the exam costs an additional £515.
Candidates are allowed 2½ hours to complete the exam with 90 multiple choice questions.
Data Protection / GDPR
|Start date||Location / delivery||Apply for Course|
|02-04-2018||Kingswells, Aberdeen, AB15 8PU, UK||Book Now|